Top 5 Winter Fashion Trends for 2010
If you are anything like me, your closet is likely filled with summer clothes. But, before you rush out to buy new items for winter, check out my Top Winter Fashion Trend picks for 2010.
1) Cashmere Sweater – Not only do Cashmere Sweaters exude luxury, they are also incredibly warm and cozy, making this a very practical trend. Look for neutral colors like gray, ivory and tan. Also, try pairing your new Cashmere Sweater with matching Cashmere Gloves and Skull Cap.
2) Camel Coat – Seen all over the 2010 Ready to Wear runways, the Camel Coat has really made a comeback. I believe it is because it is so versatile and goes with nearly every color, making it an ideal layering piece.
3) Leg Warmers – Alright, so this trend may not be for everyone, but the Leg Warmer was definitely a hit at New York Fashion Week. The runways displayed an array of Leg Warmers, in varying lengths, from slouched to thigh high. The key to pulling off this trend is to stick with darker colors like black, as it is the most flattering.
4) Velvet Leggings While the legging trend took a while to catch on, I think it is definitely here to stay. Why? Because they are so comfortable. But, for Winter 2010, look for leggings in heavier, warmer fabrics, like velvet and corduroy.
5) Over the Knee Boot – So what do you wear over your new Velvet Leggings? Well, Over the Knee Boots, of course! Not only will they help keep your legs warmer, they are extremely stylish and flattering. If you are worried this look is too sexy, then opt for flat, rather than heeled boot instead.