Top Fashion Rules to Live By
Whether you are into casual wear or business attire, there are certain fashion rules that can help you make the best decisions and look your best no matter where you are going. Let’s get started!
1. First and foremost, you need to buy clothes that suit your body type. This can be easier said than done but the more you try on different styles the more you will begin to see what brings out your good points and what magnifies the bad. Nobody wants to look like they can’t breathe in their clothes and on the other hand they don’t want to look sloppy in overly baggy casual clothes. Find the happy medium.
2. Showing too much cleavage or wearing a dress that is a bit too short is only going to put a negative spin on the style you are trying to achieve. Be aware of what is too much and be careful not to cross that line.
3. Make sure to choose the proper undergarments for your chosen outfit. Tight fitting dress pants, skirts and dresses can reveal unwanted panty lines if you don’t plan ahead. The last thing you want people to be noticing is your panty lines instead of your great style!
4. Try to dress your age. This can be difficult in today’s society where it appears styles and clothing is focussed on the younger generations. It is very easy to stay in style and choose fashion pieces that are suitable for your age by tweaking any give style to your liking.
5. Don’t spend a lot of money on clothing if you don’t have it! There are tons of different ways to rejuvenate your current wardrobe by simply adding a few key pieces to turn your old clothes to new.
6. Try to avoid the temptation of combining too many colors and patterns this can turn a great trend into something distracting and overwhelming.
7. You don’t always have to follow the hottest and latest trends. Sometimes you are better off to wear what you like and what looks great on you than to try and duplicate what you see in magazines. Fashion is a personal taste and sometimes this can be easily forgotten when you look around and everyone is dressed the same way.
8. Don’t forget about accessories! Any old outfit in your closet can be updated using the right accessories. Whether you pair it with a great pair of lace up booties or you add an oversized necklace to accent a great neckline. Be creative!
There are very few fashion rules to live by that you don’t already know about. Fashion styles are broadcasted all over the media but the great thing about it is you get to choose what you like and what you don’t like. You are in control of your fashion style so take advantage of it and create something different out of this year’s hottest trends. Our world is built on visual impressions so make a good one.